Saturday, January 16, 2010

COOOKIEEESSSSSS!!!!

Hello my adoring public!
I have not been blogging for the sole purpose of keeping up my reputation as a procrastinator. But alas, though I swore that I needed nothing interesting to blog about, I HAD to have something at least semi interesting to blog about...What's more interesting than cookies? CHOCOLATE CHIP cookies! DUH! So I will share the fantabulous recipe and a few pictures of my cookie baking experience...





Me, listening to Demi Lovato, while gazing at the last chocolate chip that was in the bag, which, as is my tradtion, I got to eat!



Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

1 cup of softened butter 1 teaspoon of salt OATMEAL!!!!!

1 cup packed brown sugar 3 cups Quick Oats

1/2 cup white sugar 1 cup of chopped walnuts

2 eggs 1 cup Semi sweet chocolate chips
2 teaspoons of vanilla 1 teaspoon of cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon of baking soda

Preheat oven to 325 F. In large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar, until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; Stire into the creamed mixture until just blended. Mix in the quick oats, walnuts and chocolate chips. Drop by heaping spoonfuls on ungreased baking pans. bake each batch for 12 minutes and cool. Enjoy with coffee, tea or the good old classic...milk!

This recipe is very versatile. You can listen to Demi Lovato or Relient K or Lady Gaga or Black Eyed Peas...whoever you like. You can listen to country, rap, hip hop, pop, 80's etc. A radio is good if you like spontaneity (a word that basically means RANDOMNESS), or you can be cool like me and use an MP3 player, with everything you like on it, in the order you want. You can hum along or you can be awesome like me, and totally rock out, using whatever utensil is in reach, for a microphone...

Seriously though, I added 3/4 of shredded coconut...it was waaaay good! Once, I added white chocolate and cinnamon chips along with the semi sweet. Every bite was like heaven! I'd like to try it with Craisins...or if you're weird and like those sorry excuses for grapes (aka raisins), I'm sure you could add those too...




























4 comments:

  1. You make me laugh so so much!
    1. I love the whole "this recipe is very versatile. You can listen to this, this or this and th cookies will still be yummy!"
    2. I loved the line about "sorry excuses for grapes!!!" I cracked up!
    3. I LOVE Craisins with my entire being and I'm allergic to them so I can't have them any more :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! First comment! That makes you like Queen of Awesomeness! I'm glad I made you laugh! That's probably my biggest goal in life, to make people laugh! :) And that is sad :( about the Craisins...they are so amazingly YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay, 1. Craisins are nasty, and raisins.. :P
    2. You are freaking hilarious!!!!
    3. I WANNA COOKIE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. The cookies were AWESOME!
    2. You give me yet another excuse for having a fat behind: "But my baby girl made them for me. She will be so hurt if I don't eat 12 of them..."
    3. I <3 your blog so far! :o)
    4. I managed to use your name and love of randomness in MY latest blog entry!

    ReplyDelete